Procedures are identified by descriptions and codes of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes, ICD-9-CM procedure codes, ICD-10-PCS codes, HCPCS codes, LMR codes and OnCall codes. Epic classifications are also used.
For consistency and reliability, analytical processes work to bring procedures with synonyms together under a single code and description.
- Others: CPT Category II Codes, Dental Procedures, Emerging Technology
- CPT Category II codes are supplemental codes used for performance measurement.
- Epic went live in 2015, hence the lower procedure numbers compared to CPT
- Others: Supplies, Chemotherapy, Prosthetics, Enteral/Parenteral, Category III Codes
- Category III codes are a set of temporary codes used to track emerging technology, services, and procedures.
TSI, IDX, LMR, EPSi, Epic, OnCall